Senior Manager, International Sales, TIP Insight
NL Amsterdam HQ
As part of our TIP2025 strategy, TIP ambitions to grow TIP Insight product line globally, connect commercialise over 100,000 units and deliver integrated digital solutions to its 50 largest clients.
Large Accounts play an important role in our customer strategy for TIP Insight. TIP’s commercial team is responsible for customers on both the local level, as well as the pan-European level. The Sales Manager for TIP Insight has overall responsibility for the revenue growth and new business contracts for the TIP Insight service line. This includes direct responsibility for a group of Large Accounts across Europe, coordinating and supporting regional and International Strategic Account (ISA) teams in pursuing large opportunities, and leading business development activities such as expansion into new geographies or market segments.
Our Global Sales Manager for TIP Insight is not only the overall architect of the account strategy but also responsible to identify, build and nurture key relations within the customer organization at the corporate or executive level. The role includes drafting account strategies and advising the TIP regions and functions involved on what to do with the accounts in terms of customer acquisition and revenue generation. Your account management skills also play a pivotal role in the execution of the account strategy together with the regional and ISA teams. This includes leading, coordinating and supporting demand generation, solution design, value engineering and business development activities in close collaboration with our key account managers, business/solutions developers, and external partners.
A strong commercialization plan is at the heart of achieving the projected revenues and marketing innovative solutions in a consistent, high quality and valuable manner to our customer base, especially the larger fleet operators which expect TIP to be a trusted advisor and front-runner for innovation. Leading demand generation and solution design is a key focus where strong alignment with our customers, regional teams and technology partners is instrumental. Joining or assembling deal teams to respond to large and complex commercial RFQs will also be critical to success.
For this role we are looking for a self-starting and self-motivated individual with account management, international business and aftermarket services experience. The customer portfolio will be a mix of customers, varying from transportation companies, large operating retailers, as well as logistic solution providers. The role entails a blend of strategy, customer management, people management and business development on a pan-European and Key scale.
- Accountable for achieving total revenue targets, in terms of signings (contract value) and yearly sales, for TIP Insight and the portfolio of customers assigned to you
- Create and fine-tune large account plans and deal capture plans
- Execution on overall international account strategies together with the local key account managers
- Primary owner of the customer acquisition cycle for TIP Insight solutions targeting larger fleet operators. Coordinating the overall cycle for TIP Insight from demand generation, needs assessment, solution design, value engineering, proposal development to deal approval.
- Lead demand generation activities to assist go-to-market strategies for innovative solutions. Activities will include advising our regional teams, evangelising customers, publishing marketing content (white paper, market brief, case study) and co-marketing with our external partners. Work alongside direct sales teams to educate, advise and interact with customers. Drive customer preference through product demos, innovation workshops and proof-of-value programmes (proof of concept, pilots, TCO or CBA analysis).
- Join deal teams to lead or assist with needs assessment and proposal development for opportunities involving non-standard M&R and TIP Insight solutions. Work closely with external partners to meet customer requirements, source the needed products and formulate our value proposition to that customer. Strategize, set and validate pricing for non-standard proposals in accordance with our imperatives for competitive differentiation and profitable growth. Assist the deal team through proposal defence and price negotiation.
- Track the related account plans and opportunity pipeline to ensure the identified opportunities and their velocity are supporting the overall growth plan and sales performance for M&R and TIP Insight. Manage a win/loss analysis process for integrated solutions to identify possible gaps in our value proposition.
- Stays informed of changes within the customers’ business, industry and sector through regular customer communication and apply this knowledge to identify new opportunities.
- External and internal stakeholder management; assure full alignment and agreement with key stakeholders at and for the strategic accounts.
- Understand the customer by making contacts and building relationships at multiple levels and in multiple departments within the account.
- Set up regular review meetings with your customer portfolio.
- Prepares sales reports, forecasts, and provide regular account status updates through Salesforce
- Leadership; ensure accurate and timely administration and communication of commercial activities in our CRM system, Salesforce, including visit notes.
- Self-managed and responsible time management
- University or bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant working experience in account management, solution selling or business development
- Experience in aftermarket services for commercial vehicles
- Broad knowledge of the transportation and logistics sector and services selling is preferred
- Ability to persuade and motivate teams with personal impact, drive, resilience and calmness under pressure.
- Self-confident and self-aware leader with ability to engage, motivate, advise and assist multi-national deal teams
- Strong negotiation (C-level) and customer-facing skills
- Customer-focused with the ability to exceed customer needs by providing compelling servicing solutions
- Excellent active listening, problem solving, communication, prioritization, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to deliver against ambitious goals, demanding deadlines, and key milestones.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, cross-functional, multi-cultural and matrix organizations
- Team player with a collaborative mindset. Ability to function independently, eager to learn and analytically strong
- Proficiency in MS Office and Salesforce; ability to create spreadsheets, tables and graphs, queries, extrapolate and summarize meaningful data.
- Fluent in English and at least one other European language
- Willing and able to travel for customer meetings and sales calls (up to 40%)
TIP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.