Presenters of the Top Gear TV programme, be it the English, French or Italian versions, appear to suffer a car breakdown at least once every three episodes. The breakdown is usually in a “cheap car” but sometimes even the “super cars” are stranded on the hard shoulder. The presenters make fun of the experience. In reality, breaking-down in a truck can be a nightmare, costly and time-consuming. Fortunately, TIP European Roadside Assistance is just a call away to help you get your driver, truck and trailer safely back into top gear!
Unexpected trailer breakdown occurs more often than we would like. An electrical or mechanical fault can bring even the best maintained trailers to a halt. Dr. Peter Hart, Chairman of the Australian Road Transport Suppliers’Association offers sensible advice, applicable globally, “Every professional fleet should have a clear process in place on how to react to a breakdown.” [source: Primemovermag]
Unexpected breakdowns are costly and disruptive. Fleet managers who register with a preventative roadside assistance programme reap the following benefits:
- Maximising safety – A trailer on the kerb of a motorway poses a safety risk for the driver and trailer.
- Minimising trailer downtime – With a trailer out of action, you have to make alternative arrangements for transporting goods whilst managing customer expectations for new delivery times.
- Minimising breakdown costs – Typically, signing-up on the spot to an emergency breakdown service for towing and repairs is more expensive than preregistering.
TIP Roadside Assistance
TIP offers a pan European breakdown service for your trailers 24/7, 365 days per year. TIP provides support in 18 languages and has roadside assistance contact numbers in 16 European countries including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Back on the road asap
With TIP European Road Assistance, you enjoy access to our extensive network of partners and technicians who will quickly get your drivers back on the road. Our service is provided by our network of workshops or by mobile service vans.
Our mobile vans carry an impressive selection of internal workshop equipment, power supplies and tools as well as spare parts to cover the most common problems and minor bodywork repairs. These vehicles include complex trailer diagnostics technology to test brakes and detect electrical faults.
Pan-European mobile service for trailers
Our technicians use these vans not only for emergency repairs but also for conducting regular servicing and maintenance on customer sites. TIP sends these vans out with one or two technicians to do maintenance and small repairs at customer sites so that TIP customers don’t lose time driving to TIP workshops.
The customer will constantly be informed about developments on breakdown repairs, a process that can also be monitored online through the TIP Roadside Portal.
Easy TIP European Roadside Assistance membership now!
It’s easy to benefit from the TIP European Roadside Assistance programme. You can sign up now or at the site of your breakdown! There is no registration fee required. You only pay for the repairs and the call handling management when you make use of this service.
There are several ways in which fleet managers can access the European Roadside Assistance programme:
- You can register solely for a European Roadside Assistance contract, which enables you to be prepared for any breakdown.
- If you rent a trailer from TIP, European Roadside Assistance is always included.
- If you lease a trailer from TIP, you can choose different maintenance contracts including a European Roadside Assistance pack and choose the style of roadside assistance that you want, tailored to your specific needs locally.
Peace of mind
Enjoy peace of mind with the TIP European Roadside Assistance programme! If you want to be prepared for the unexpected, contact TIP and register as a new customer.