To support line manager in the day-to-day running of the workshop and its facilities, scheduling
workloads and maximising productivity.
- To support line manager in maintaining adequate workshop loading and in prioritising repairs in line with the customers’ and/or our business’s demands.
- To support line manager in minimising Trailer downtime by identifying the most economical repair method.
- To ensure all inspections, services and repairs are carried out in the workshop, on the roadside or at customer’s own premises to a high maintenance standard within the company guidelines and to conform with all current mandatory & EHS legislation.
- To manage all workshop systems and processes as required.
- To encourage good workshop practices to ensure a safe, tidy, hazard-free working environment and ensure compliance with the Company’s EHS policy, procedures and legislation.
- To support line manager maintaining adequate staffing levels by control of holiday requests and workshop loading.
- To support line manager in controlling overtime working in line with maintenance requirements.
- To ensure that optimal stock levels are maintained and controlled to ensure timely availability of parts/products.
- To process paperwork in an accurate and timely manner within the company guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to exploit the manufacturer’s warranty and goodwill schemes to best advantage.
- Supporting the line manager to analyse branch maintenance trends and highlighting to manager
- To ensure that all agreed Goals & Objectives are met or exceeded.
- To ensure all company vehicles are driven and operated at all times in accordance with road traffic law and company policy and to ensure that employees adhere to the Company Mobile Van Policy.
- To provide a high customer service level & demonstrate company values at ALL times
- To Highlight all potential business commercial opportunities to line manager
- To support line manager in ensuring any staff driving a Mobile Service Van have understood & signed the Mobile Van Policy and that it is adhered to at all times
- To support line manager in ensuring that all staff members wear/use the correct PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) at all times
- To adhere to Company Health & Safety policies and procedures at all times and to notify the Branch Manager regarding any Health & Safety concerns
- To undertake all required training as deemed necessary by the company
Whilst the above outlines the main duties of the post the list is not exhaustive and duties may need to change in the light of future developments or from time to time as directed by your supervisor or manager.
- Must be a “Time Served” technician or possess City & Guilds 1,2 & 3 Certificates or equivalent qualifications & experience and have a technical background /experience in trailer repairs
- Have a customer and team centric mindset and high level of professionalism
- Experience of supervising a team an advantage
- Self- motivated with high level of enthusiasm and good communication skills
- Good organization skills and attention to detail with ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Able to work autonomously
- Confidence to pushback and challenge
- Computer Literate
- Proven admin skills an advantage
Benefits we offer
- Company pension
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous referral programme
- Life assurance
- And many more!
TIP Trailer Services employs staff at more than 136 locations and at more than 72 maintenance facilities throughout 17 European countries and Canada. Our employment opportunities are diverse and available at a variety of locations.
TIP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
Hiring is subject to background check.